Words from Christine…
My message today isn’t about New Year’s resolutions. It’s about truly focusing on what would make you happy and then taking small steps each day toward that happiness.
I believe people can make a list that will guide them towards this goal. If you’re not sure how to begin your list, I’ve included some ideas below that have worked well for my clients (and for me).
First of all, here are the top three traits women look for in a man: honesty, reliability, and his ability to communicate. In addition to these you might consider:
- I can “be myself” when I’m with him.
- I like how I feel when I’m around him.
- He makes it obvious that my happiness and well-being are important to him.
- He knows the difference between conversations and confrontations.
- He is willing to make compromises.
- He is warm and loving.
- He makes me laugh.
- He likes including me in other parts of his life.
Which of these “jump out” for you? If you get stuck making your list, ask a close friend to help – someone who knows your strengths and weaknesses well. Let the list be a “living” thing. Pull it out often to see if it still fits.
You’re on your way to proactively creating happiness for yourself in the New Year. If you’d like to share your list with us, we’d love to see it!